Trash & Recycling
New Trash and Recycle Contract Forms
Trash & recycling are picked up weekly on Wednesdays and may be rescheduled due to inclement weather or the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Please have both trash & recycling curbside no later than 7:00 am. Your trash must be secured at the top and contained in trash bags or trash cans with the lids firmly secured. Trash cans/bags, when full, cannot weigh more than 35 pounds. Brush and/or limbs must be cut down to no more than 4 ft in length and must be bundled and tied, weighing no more than 35 pounds. Recycling materials must be in the blue recycle toter.
The fees for residential trash and recycling are billed on a quarterly basis. Therefore, you will receive statements the first weeks of January, April, July and October. The quarterly charge for residential trash and recycling is $64.95, with an optional $3.00 per quarter for CareFlite services. The deposit for residential trash is $85.00. Payments are due on the last working day of January, April, July and October. Second notices will include late fees and are mailed on the next working day following the bill due date. Second notices will be due 14 working days from the bill date. If the account is not brought current, services will be suspended. The City also has the option to turn unpaid accounts over to a collection agency or issue a citation for an ordinance violation. The City may elect any or all options, at its sole discretion.
If you would like your quarterly trash payment to be automatically debited from your bank account, a "Bank Drafting Authorization Form" will need to be filled out and submitted to City Hall, along with a voided check. This form may be obtained on our web site or at City Hall. You may also pay online. You will need your PIN number on your bill to set it up. Please see the access link on the home page.
Commercial trash is billed on a monthly basis and is due on the last working day of each month. Late fees for Commercial accounts are assessed per container on the next working day following the due date. The commercial deposit is $125.00 and there are a variety of service options. Please contact City Hall for a list of these services.
There are four (4) City-wide bulk trash pickup dates each year, included with your regular service. Bulk items must be curbside by 7:00 am.
Bulk Trash Dates
April 18, 2020
July 25, 2020
October 24, 2020
Bulk Trash Items:
- ALL brush, newspapers, tree trimmings, branches, wood and fencing must be bundled and cut into no more than 4 ft lengths. All nails must be removed (if "construction" type material). Bundles can weigh no more than 35 pounds.
- All Appliances (any refrigerant, coolant, or Freon must be drained by a licensed HVAC Professional, certified and tagged with the information required by the State).
- Lawn equipment needs to be drained of all gas and oil.
- Paint cans must have the lids removed and be completely dry on the inside. Cat litter or sand can be helpful with this process.
- Carpet must be cut down to 4 ft in length, rolled up and tied
- Total bulk volume cannot exceed 2 cubic yards
- Paint or similar chemicals (if still liquid or wet)
Acceptable Recycle Items
- Paper, cardboard, magazines, newspapers, books, mail
- Soda cans, beer cans, food containers
- Water bottles, soda bottles, salad dressing bottles
- Milk jugs, laundry detergent jugs, juice bottles
Unacceptable Recycle Items
- Plastics #3 - #7
- Plastic bags
- Plastic film/wrap
- Grass clippings
- Styrofoam packaging
- Packing peanuts
- Small and large appliances
- Hazardous material
- Food waste
- Water hoses
- Scrap metal
- Pots and pans / ovenware
- Plant containers
- Pet food bags
- Large plastic buckets or Cat Litter pails
- Dog or cat Waste in bags
- Paper towels
- Paper plates
- Pizza boxes
- Oil or antifreeze containers
- Furnace filters